Top Tips To Stay On Track Over The Festive Period
Here are 5 of our top tips to get you through Christmas and New Years without feeling like you’ve lost progress. Treat the festive period like any other time, keep to your normal workout schedules and stay as active as ever.
- Stay active – Instead of watching T.V., go out on walks with friends and family, or do some activities together. This way, you still get to spend time with loved ones whilst keeping fit and active at the same time.
- Avoid skipping meals – Skipping a meal may seem a good idea to save on calories, but this will make you more likely to binge on treats and you may miss out on valuable nutrients.
- Plan ahead – Try to plan exercise into your days, you can block out space in your diary, even if it is only a 20 minute walk. This also goes for your meals, make dinners ahead of time, so you have healthy meals ready to go.
- Avoid the all or nothing mentality – If you are going out for a Christmas party in the evening, still eat healthily and do your usual exercise during the day. If you don’t have time for an hour workout, a half hour workout is still better than no workout.
- Sleep 7-9 hours a night – Christmas is a busy time, so make sure that you are getting enough rest as you are more likely to make better food choices, have more energy for activities and enjoy yourself.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. If you would like to discuss this topic further or have any other tips on how to stay active over the festive period, we would love to hear from you. Drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us today at David Jones Personal Training.